- Prep Time: 5 minutes
A Salad Annihilus Would Mostly Endorse If He Were Dieting
A quick and easy salad featuring mixed greens, baby kale, pink lady apples, gorgonzola cheese, pecans, walnuts, and raspberry walnut dressing.
- mixed greens - 2 handfuls
- baby kale - 1 small handful
- pink lady apples - 1 large
- gorgonzola cheese - 1 tablespoon
- candied pecans - 0.25 cups
- raspberry walnut vinegrette - 1 smidgen
- Wash and slice apples.
- Get a big bowl.
- Add all solid ingredients to bowl.
- Curse the Fantastic Four for making you stress-eat and going beyond your ideal weight.
- Say, "Cosmic Control Rod" aloud.
- Fast follow with, "That's what she said."
- Add dressing to taste.
- For the candied pecans, I like the Sehale Snacks Maple Pecan Glazed Mix with walnuts, dried cherry, and dried apple.
- For the dressing, I like Ken's Light Option Raspberry Walnut Dressing.
- In regard to serving size, this is how I'd make it if the salad were my main meal and in weight loss mode. As a side salad, you could probably get two or three small bowls out of this.
The first character I thought of when preparing to write up this purple and green salad was The Joker. Taking the time to consider it, this salad really didn’t feel like a Joker-themed salad. It felt more like a dieting-Annihilus salad. Can’t you imagine Annihilus, all pissed off about his inability to escape the Negative Zone and the extra pounds he gained over the holidays, rage-eating a salad he had his minions assemble because it matched the aesthetics of his chitinous exoskeleton? No? Just me?
Anyway, since I’ve been coming down from my ten-pina-coladas-a-day-vacation-diet, I’ve had waaaaay too many of A Salad Green Lantern and Green Arrow Would Mostly Endorse. I needed something new, but calorically similar. This is what I created with my Cosmic Control Rod.Add to Favourites