Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
A kid-approved roasted Brussels sprout recipe featuring bacon, shallots, and garlic.
- Brussels sprouts - 2 lbs
- bacon - 6 strips, thick cut
- garlic - 8 cloves
- shallot - 1 large
- olive oil - 1 drizzle
- black pepper - 12 grinds
- sea salt - 1 sprinkle
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Line a large baking sheet with tin foil.
- Rinse and pat dry Brussels sprouts.
- Cut off core and halve each Brussels sprout.
- Discard nasty looking leaves.
- Toss Brussels sprouts into a large bowl.
- Cut six strips of thick-cut bacon into smaller pieces and add to bowl.
- Mmm... bacon.
- Smash and peel eight cloves of garlic and add to bowl.
- Hopefully you really Hulk smashed that garlic!
- Peel shallot, cut into thin rings, separate, and add to bowl.
- Grind pepper and sprinkle salt into bowl.
- Conservatively drizzle olive oil into bowl.
- Contemplate how many times I've ended a step in this recipe with the word, "Bowl."
- Toss and mix; mix and toss.
- Spread ingredients on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes on top rack.
- Remove and promptly eat.
Whenever I see Brussels sprouts with bacon at a restaurant, I feel compelled to order it. Why? Because I inexplicably never cook Brussels sprouts at home… until TODAY. Why? Because I couldn’t convince even even myself that the guacamole and cilantro on my kids’ nachos constituted a vegetable.Add to Favourites