Gorilla Grodd Bread
There's monkey bread. There's gorilla bread. There's PAULA @#$%ING DEEN's gorilla bread. And now, there's my modified version, which I'll affectionately name Gorilla Grodd Bread after our good friend's two-point-earning answer for world leaders in Scattergories. We make this desert disaster just once a year, usually after 10:00pm in the middle of a marathon board-gaming session. It's unhealthy, but delicious.
- brown sugar - 0.5 cups
- sugar - 0.25 cups
- cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- butter - 1 stick
- bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup - 1 splash
- cream cheese - 1x 8oz package
- Pillsbury Grands! - 2x 16.3oz cans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- In another smallish bowl, melt butter and stir in a splash of bourbon barrel-aged maple syrup.
- Cut block of cream cheese into 16 even cubes.
- Open cans of Pillsbury Grands! and jam cream cheese into the center of biscuit dough cup.
- Line the bottom of a 10-15 cup bundt pan with eight of the cream-cheese-filled biscuit cups with the cream cheese facing up.
- Dust the top of this layer with half of the sugar mixture.
- Drizzle the top of the sugar with half of the melted butter mixture.
- Line up the remaining eight cream-cheese-filled biscuit cups atop the bottom layer with the cream cheese facing down.
- Try to get a nice dough seal between the layers.
- Dust the top with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Drizzle the top the remaining melted butter mixture.
- Put the bundt in the oven and will the dessert to bake with your Gorilla telepathy for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes.
- Flip the bundt onto a serving plate and hopefully the whole damn thing falls out in one beautiful heart-clogging ring.