- Yield: 48 pancakes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: The Green Lantern vs. Star Sapphire Edition
An apple cinnamon pancake recipe inspired by Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire; built around granny smith and pink lady apples.
- Cinnamon Apples
- granny smith apples - 4, large
- pink lady apples - 4, large
- butter - 2 tbsp
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- Pancake Batter
- butter - 0.5 cups
- flour - 6 cups
- brown sugar - 0.25 cups
- sugar - 0.25 cups
- kosher salt - 1 tbsp
- baking powder - 3 tbsp
- eggs - 6
- 1% milk - 5.25 cups
- vanilla extract - 1 large splash
- Wash apples.
- Cut into small, but not tiny, cubes.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a large pan.
- Stir fry apples with brown sugar and cinnamon until apples begin to soften but not disintegrate. NO DISINTEGRATIONS!
- Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Add dry ingredients in a GIANT bowl. Like Galactus-sized, not Giant-Man-sized.
- Crack eggs into a Giant-Man sized bowl and beat vigorously.
- Add remaining wet ingredients into Giant-Man bowl and beat vigorously.
- Slowly pour and fold Giant-Man ingredients into Galactus ingredients.
- Mix extremely well; make sure you get rid of all of the flour pockets.
- Gently stir in the cinnamon apples.
- Pre-heat your pans to medium/medium-high heat.
- Pour 0.33 cup piles of batter.
- When the top starts to bubble, it's time to flip.
Live DieRepeat like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.
Ordinarily, I make my apple cinnamon pancakes with just granny smith apples. And I usually use a peeler/corer for the apples. But lately I’ve been on a pink lady apple kick and figured the fiber from the skin is probably a good thing for our diets.
The green and pink combo totally reminded me of Green Lantern and Star Sapphire, so that’s what you get. Feel free to revert to peeling and just using granny smiths.
Please note, I use two double burner griddles which lets me cook 12 pancakes at time. If you’re using a single frying pan, this will take you forever. I had to cook this in four rounds which yielded me 45 pancakes using a 0.33 cup batter pour per pancake.Add to Favourites