- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
Garlic Butter Green Beans
Green beans that are garlicky and buttery.
- Trim branchy bits off green beans.
- Rinse and shake dry.
- Mince three cloves of garlic.
- Pour a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add two small pats of butter.
- Heat pan to medium high.
- Add garlic. Keep the garlic moving for 20-30 seconds to prevent burning.
- Add green beans and sautee... like Anakin on the hot lava shores of Mustafar. (Okay, I suppose that was more like blackening on a cast iron pan.)
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Stop when all the green beans turn a rich, healthy green on all sides. I like my green beans crispier and a little under-cooked. If you like yours softer, Anakin those bad boys a little longer.
It goes without saying that garlic and butter make almost anything taste good. If I need an accompanying side-vegetable for just about any kind of cuisine, I can fall back on this quickie garlic butter green bean recipe.Add to Favourites