A Salad Green Lantern and Green Arrow Would Mostly Endorse
A quick and easy salad featuring baby spinach, green apples, goat cheese, almonds, and honey dijon dressing.
- baby spinach - 2 large handfuls
- granny smith apples - 2 medium to large apples
- goat cheese - 0.25 cups
- honey roasted almonds - 0.33 cups
- honey dijon dressing - 1 smidgen
- Wash and slice apples.
- Get a big bowl.
- Add all solid ingredients to bowl.
- Contemplate why you'd pour a smidgen of Sinestro-yellow salad dressing over a Green Lantern-themed salad -- but that's why this salad is only "mostly endorsed" and not "completely endorsed".
- Add dressing to taste.
- For the almonds, I like the Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds.
- For the dressing, I like Ken's Steak House Light Options Honey Dijon Dressing.
- In regard to serving size, this is how I'd make it if the salad were my main meal. As a side salad, you could probably get three or four small bowls out of this.
When I first made this salad, I honestly didn’t have Green Lantern or Green Arrow in mind. In fact, what I really had in mind was, “How do I recreate that yummy seasonal salad I just got at Bertucci’s?” This wasn’t rocket science and in fact it wasn’t particularly challenging at all. The only “trick” was finding a good substitute for the candied nuts that Bertucci’s used.
While the Green Lantern and Green Arrow reference is a little forced and a lot superficial, I have been eyeing the Dennis O’Neill and Neal Adams Absolute Green Lantern/Green Arrow compilation coming out on December 15, 2015. Why not force the issue on a site called Flavour of the Geek?
NOTE: This is one of VERY few recipes I’ll ever post without meat.Add to Favourites