- Yield: 48 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
Nutella Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Looking for a fast, easy, geeky, and delicious chewy cookie recipe? Love Nutella? Sea salt? References to Harry Potter, Cube, and The Matrix?
Look no further. Actually, look further.
Otherwise you won't actually see the recipe.
- butter - 1 cup, unsalted and room temp-ish
- sugar - 0.75 cups
- brown sugar - 0.75 cups
- eggs - 2
- vanilla extract - 1 large splash
- flour - 2.25 cups
- baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- kosher salt - 0.5 teaspoon
- chocolate chips - 1.5 cups, semi-sweet
- chocolate chips - 0.5 cups, white
- Nutella - 1 cup
- sea salt - 1 pinch, coarse crystal
- Make sure you have a badass KitchenAid Mixer, preferably one like this one.
- Grab two sticks of butter and leave them on the counter.
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to mixer bowl.
- Cube butter into the mixer bowl.
- Think about how you REALLY need to watch Cube again.
- Mix on low and then medium until everything is blended and creamy-looking.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Pour a healthy splash of vanilla into the mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to mixing bowl in small increments; blend flour into mixture each time before adding more.
- Add chocolate chips and gently mix into bowl.
- Dollop balls of dough on to cookie sheets in a three-by-four matrix using a tablespoon.
- Pretend The Matrix sequels never happened.
- With a teaspoon and a finger, carefully drape streaks of Nutella over the tops of each dough ball.
- Sprinkle a TINY amount of sea salt on top of Nutella streaks.
- Stick the cookie sheets in the oven for nine minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies from sheets to cooling rack.
- Let pans cool and return to step 14, but skip step 20 the second time. Why? Because I wouldn't want to see you stuck in an X-files-esque, "Monday"-like loop for the rest of your life. Oh, you also shouldn't have enough dough to do it again.
- Stuff your face.
I modified this recipe after shamelessly stealing it from my brother-in-law. Or rather, from my sister-in-law’s husband. Whatever Harry is to Hermione after Harry marries Ginny AND Ron marries Hermione.
My… Harry… modified the recipe after shamelessly stealing it from Ghirardelli. Harry adds extra chocolate on top and then the sea salt. I merely converted the extra chocolate into Nutella streaks and subbed out a portion of the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. And then I made it nerdy.
Add to Favourites